October 12, 2008

To act or not to act


Only two days after I had expressed my worries here about what to do with my so-called financial nest egg,this wonderful cartoon was published in the October 10th International Herald Tribune....I clipped it and faxed it to my bank - asking them whether I should do the same thing as this years nobel prize winner for good economic judgement? Their reply came back within minutes: please, don't you worry - about your deposit with us - if it wasn't safe we would tell you!!


Over the years I have learned to trust my intuition - and my inner voice is still telling me to withdraw all my savings and to keep them at home for awhile until this global financial crisis has been overcome - and I wonder why I am so hesitant to act accordingly.....what advice will I get from my students this coming Monday?