November 20, 2008

Life is short

In late May 2004 my present and cherished author Eckhart Tolle conducted his Findhorn Retreat at Findhorn a small spiritual community in Northern Scotland.These lectures are on DVD and on CD - I own both versions and while driving to work I am listening to these CDs - great materials to beat traffic.

Towards the end of the seminar he mentions a 45 seconds film: Life is short...and he is puzzled about the intention of the film..he speculates that maybe people wanted to sell more beer thru it - nevertheless it is a remarkable film about the human condition at this day and age: we seem to be hurtling through life on our backs ( to avoid looking at the misery we have created in the world of form on this planet ? ) and screaming in pain all the way - right into our grave!! What a crazy journey - and I wonder what role the field of education plays in this......and am I making my students "scream" as well by encouraging them to be future-oriented instead of grounding themselves in the present moment? Good question.